Favorite Books for teachers of English Language Learners
Collaboration and Co-teaching Strategies for English language learners
This is my favorite book available addressing collaboration and co-teaching for English language learners.
This book provides a variety of strategies and action items to collaborate with teachers.
Why do English language learners struggle with reading?
This textbook is a wonderful resource that covers all research related to why ELls struggle with reading. It also helps separate what we all sometimes wonder about: is it a disability or a language issue?
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
As one of the first books I read when I began to develop relationships and implement programming for ELLs it is still my favorite book.
Understanding the psychology about mindsets helped me develop relationships when working with people.
Likewise, the below books provide essential information about teaching English language learners.
- The 6 Principles for Exemplary Teaching of English Learners
- Pathways to Greatness for ELL Newcomers – A comprehensive Guide for Schools & Teachers by Michelle L. Izquierdo
- Breaking Down the Wall – Essential shifts for English learners’ success
- Collaborating for English Learners – A foundational Guide to Integrated Practices by Andrea Honigsfield & Maria G. Dove
- Building Literacy with English Language Learners – Insights from Linguistics by Kristin Lems, Leah D. Miller, and Tenena M. Soro
This list grows as I find additional books to share to better support us in teaching English learner.
Leer en: Español